PLEASE...

PLEASE... CONSIDER USING THE BLOG ARCHIVE TO THE RIGHT...OTHERWISE BOTH RECENT AND OLD POSTS WILL GET LOST IN THE MIX!!

AND PRETTY PLEASE... CONSIDER FOLLOWING ME DIRECTLY ON MY BLOG SITE... I MAY DISABLE ALERTS ON TWITTER AND FACEBOOK IN THE FUTURE... STAY ON TOP OF GOINGS ON BY FOLLOWING ME (SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN AND TO THE RIGHT)

Many Thanxs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search This Blog

LIFELINE

Monday, December 20, 2010

2ND SONG ABOUT THE RAIN: "Rain" by Madonna/with "Express Yourself" by Madonna




Good Morning everyone.  It continues to pour rain here in the desert.  I am loving it.  Everything gets so dusty and dirty here and the rain just washes it all away.  And I LOVE songs that glorify rain.  I can't believe that I posted 8 times yesterday without mentioning one of my all time favorite artists, Madonna.  There have been times that I didn't want to admit that.  I think because EVERYONE loves Madonna.  Her musical is so electrically charged and spiritual.  


Take the song "Rain" for example.  Everyone remembers the hooky parts, but the spoken part of this song is what really packs a punch.  I would like to share the lyrics with you, but I'm still not sure about copyright laws.   (Warnings like "lyrics may be reprinted with permission" come to mind.) 


So, if you are interested, please check out the video.  The spoken part comes in around 3 minutes from the start.  With an artist like Madonna, it's hard to pick favorite song.  I think that certain songs resonate with us for a multitude of reasons.  Sometimes its in the hooky part and those songs tend to stick out in our memory more than songs like "Rain" whose resonant section (at least for me) is more subtle and spoken only once in the song.  The word "rain" doesn't even appear once in this section.   This song doesn't have such an in your face message like say, "Express Yourself".





RAIN



EXPRESS YOURSELF

4 comments:

David Dust said...

Express Yourself is one of my favorite Madonna songs ever.

Mistress Maddie said...

I love the song rain, but the video I thought was one of her top five videos! So well done.

MT said...

While I was writing this post, when it came time to choose an example of an in your face Madonna hook, it was just a natural choice to pick "Express Yourself" since, after all, that is what I have started doing here on my blog. I will be writing more about this later.

MT said...

David Dust, it is one of mine too. But I have so many favorites.

Mistress Maddie, the video is beautiful!!