PLEASE...

PLEASE... CONSIDER USING THE BLOG ARCHIVE TO THE RIGHT...OTHERWISE BOTH RECENT AND OLD POSTS WILL GET LOST IN THE MIX!!

AND PRETTY PLEASE... CONSIDER FOLLOWING ME DIRECTLY ON MY BLOG SITE... I MAY DISABLE ALERTS ON TWITTER AND FACEBOOK IN THE FUTURE... STAY ON TOP OF GOINGS ON BY FOLLOWING ME (SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN AND TO THE RIGHT)

Many Thanxs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search This Blog

LIFELINE

Saturday, December 25, 2010

IF YOU BUY THIS RECORD YOUR LIFE WILL BE BETTER PART II: MICHAEL by Michael Jackson

GO BUY OR DOWNLOAD THIS NOW!!

I am not a music critic.  I don't know how I could criticize an artist when they release their gift into the world.  My reaction to music is more visceral.

I read one review titled "All Filler, No Thriller" when I was googling to see if any critic had used the title, "ALL THRILLER, NO FILLER".  That is exactly what I feel about MICHAEL.  ALL THRILLER, NO FILLER.  I have listened to my CD more than a dozen times in my car already.  It is my hope that it will eventually sell as many digital copies as THRILLER.

My favorite song is "Best Of Joy", the sixth track on the CD.  If this had been a vinyl record, this would have been the lead track of Side B of the record. It is as though Michael were singing this song from the grave.  I have read critics who have compared a number of tracks to other Michael Jackson records and the review on Billboard.com in particular comes to mind.

Personally, I hear the bass track of "Billie Jean" in the track "Hollywood Tonight".  Is it just me?  I think the character in this song with her painted on jeans is the young Billie Jean embarking on her quest for Hollywood fame.

I am not embedding any music from this album on my post at the moment.  Be sure to check out "Best of Joy" and "Hollywood Tonight".  You can access samples on iTunes or Amazon.com.  Definitley  an IMPACT record.



No comments: