PLEASE...

PLEASE... CONSIDER USING THE BLOG ARCHIVE TO THE RIGHT...OTHERWISE BOTH RECENT AND OLD POSTS WILL GET LOST IN THE MIX!!

AND PRETTY PLEASE... CONSIDER FOLLOWING ME DIRECTLY ON MY BLOG SITE... I MAY DISABLE ALERTS ON TWITTER AND FACEBOOK IN THE FUTURE... STAY ON TOP OF GOINGS ON BY FOLLOWING ME (SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN AND TO THE RIGHT)

Many Thanxs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search This Blog

LIFELINE

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A LITTLE VACAY: Part THREE, IN THE SWIM with "Yesterday Once More" by The Carpenters



Today I am revisiting my Palm Springs trip.  Please check out Part ONE, ROAD MUSIC (CLICK HERE) and Part TWO, A VIDEO GOODBYE TO KIKA (CLICK HERE) if you haven't already.  It has been a few days since I posted about my beautiful P.S. experience, but today I feel a special urgency to share more.


Yesterday was about my NIECE, THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN THE WORLD and the day before that was ALL ABOUT MY KIKA on the 3rd anniversary of our life together.  Then before that was NEW YEARS AND A LOOK BACK AT 6 OF MY ALLTIME FAVORITES IN A FEW OF MY FAVE GENRES and MORRISEY's DIAL A CLICHÉ ON NEW YEAR'S EVE.  All of these postings have been special for me and I have held back on posting more ideas to give everyone a chance to check them out.  Please take as much time as you can and listen to the lyrics of all the LOOK BACKs.  Please revisit any of those posts by linking through the capitalized letters.


So then we get back to P.S.  Day 2 it was warm enough to strip down at the pool and go for a swim.  I used to compete in swimming and was quite a competitor.  My swimming career became derailed after my Freshman year at Princeton University.  I will be posting more about the derailment MUCH later.




My point here is that I have not been swimming much in the past years.  Something I used to love doing became a sad memory for me.  I have always felt that I quit too early.  What if????  If only???? This has haunted me in dreams and during waking hours over the years.


That day in P.S. it had been at least 6 months since I had gotten into a bathing suit.  I swam a few times over the summer, but the outdoor pool where I swim in West Hollywood  has been closed due to gym renovations over the past few months.



The hotel where we stayed had what they called the ACE Swim Club.  ME (my friend) and I made the pool our last stop before I was to take ME to the airport.  I stripped down to my bathing suit and sunbathed for a while. ME took pictures of me and then I felt inspired to get into the pool.  Special effects and spectacular views in the photos courtesy of ME, a master graphic designer.





I got the idea of asking ME to film me while I swam a couple of laps of butterfly.   I got so excited and carried away at the thought of being filmed while swimming.  I was bursting with excited energy.  It was a glorious day.  I was reliving my past.  And today I relieve that recent day.  IT IS YESTERDAY ONCE MORE, just like The Carpenters relate in their song.  This is one of many of my all time Carpenter's tunes.  I have always loved the bittersweet melancholy of Karen's voice.  It haunts me just like the What ifs???? and If onlys???? have over the years.  Every sha la- la- la, every whoa- wo- wo if you will...
I WAS ONLY GOING TO POST ONE VID FOR THIS SONG, BUT THE ABOVE VIDEO MONTAGE HAS AUDIO PROBLEMS FOR SPLIT SECONDS IN THE 2ND HALF//
THE AUDIO ONLY VERSION BELOW SOUNDED FINE
BITTERSWEET//PAIN ENDURES YET HEALS//EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN
I CANNOT THINK OF A SUPERSTAR THAT HAS BEEN MISSED IN SUCH A WAY, KAREN

When she gets to the part where she's breaking my heart she can really make me cry.  Just like before, it's yesterday once more.

I have been tweeting "Everything old is new again" over the past couple of days without specifically planning this post.  This post has been in the works since then, but also really for a long long time.  I tweet multiple times daily and it is the best way to follow my blog.  LOOK FOR MusiconduiT on Twitter...

No comments: